Critical lessons for doing business abroad: Global Gurus’ expertise – Part 1
With over 50 episodes and almost 7500 downloads during its first year, our podcast, Global Gurus: Stories of International Business, has been a sterling success. Each episode presents an audio, video and transcript as well as lots of other information.
Translating your content into your prospects’ or customers’ languages is an essential element of the mix. Studies show that most people will only buy when your product or service is presented in their native language. But global expansion involves more than simply translating content. It involves knowledge of what methods are most effective when interacting with other cultures.
Here are some examples:
How can you conduct market research if certain nationalities are reluctant to talk to you? Tom Fuller of Fluent Research explains.
Why branding is more important than selling? Gene McCarthy, the “guru of athletic footwear,” provides his expertise.
- India: Learn different perspectives from Dr. Chaz Austin, Mario Lanzarotti, Adi Patil, and Gunjan Bagla.
- China and Taiwan: Cecile Israel about guanxi and apps and wine-marketing differences from the West, Tamar Hela about teaching hi-tech, Dr. Liz Nuñez about cultural clashes, and Tom Fuller about researching in each country.
- Latin America: Surprising stories by Craig Handley, others from Sol Asina about branding and design, Rocky Zapata about Latin values, and Marion Renk-Rosenthal about documentary-making issues.
- Adrian Kingwell about hi-tech in Southern Asia.
- Matt Rocco and Tamar Hela about maximizing LinkedIn.
- Ramsey Pryor about major issues in global software development.
Mark Smith, Tom Fuller, and Dan Vega — stress the importance of using Master’s-level translators and professional interpreters for meetings or conferences.
And, finally, a word about Machine Translation. Artificial Intelligence apps can work excellently when professional linguists review the communications to ensure they are correct. This hybrid method is what we at Auerbach International have done for over three decades to guarantee A+ accuracy.
To get a quote for an exceptional result, please contact us for your next language need.
Please email me about any subjects you’d like to learn about, guests you’d like to recommend for future Global Gurus podcasts, or global marketing challenges you are experiencing.
Founder, President & CEO
Headquarters – 415-592-0042 x107
“3 Decades. 2 Billion Words. A+ Accuracy. Superior Translation Services.”